- December 11, 2017
- Passport due (2 colored copies of passport)
- Notarized Parent/Guardian Form due (will have notaries available at Winter Concert)
- $100 Cancellation Fee becomes effective
- 2nd Payment Due
- December 15, 2017
- $200 Cancellation Fee becomes effective
- March (TBD)
- Mandatory Chaperone & Parent Meeting (District Permission Slip)
Passports – Please make 2 colored copies of the photo page, and any visa or permanent resident card, if applicable. We appreciate you sending the copies to school as soon as possible. There is a collection box in the Band Room. For more information on Passports and Parent Permission to Travel form, please click HERE
If you are under the age of 18 on April 13, 2018, you MUST complete the Parent Permission to Travel Form and have it notarized by December 11, 2017.
The advanced instrumental music ensembles (Symphonic Band, Symphony Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble) will be going on tour April 12 -16, 2018. The tour will include one day in Southern California touring and performing at one to two universities and a 3-night Carnival Mexican cruise on the cruise ship “Inspiration.” On the cruise, all student ensembles will perform and be adjudicated. Many music student alumni claim the Instrumental Music Spring Tour was the highlight of their high school years, as well as a musically enriching experience.
Bus travel to Southern California
Lunch*, Dinner, possible college tour and clinic
At sea, sailing
Rehearsals, concerts and clinics
to be scheduled
Breakfast at hotel
College Tour and Music Clinics, Lunch*,
Board Carnival Inspiration
Set sail for Ensenada
Ensenada: Group activity on shore
(La Bufadora 3-4 hour excursion)
Debark ship in Long Beach
Board bus return to Bay Area
Trip Expenses per Student $950.00 includes: College clinic fees, 1 night hotel, all meals noted except*, bus transportation, 3 day/3 nights Carnival Cruise aboard the Inspiration, adjudicator fees, instrument storage, gratuities, Ensenada excursion.
Trip Expenses per Chaperone $850.00 includes: 1 night hotel, all meals noted except*, bus transportation, 3 day/3 nights Carnival Cruise aboard the Inspiration, gratuities, Ensenada excursion.
Note: Trip expense estimates are conservative. Rising fuel or other costs could cause an increase.
- Extra expenses: *3 lunches fast food $40-60, all other meals on board ship are included in trip expenses
- Optional expenses: Unlimited soft drinks on board ship under 18 years $17.08 , over 18 years $25.88 payable on board ship; shopping money as determined by each family; Carnival “Sail & Sign” card purchased on ship with $50 cash (Chaperones may purchase online with credit card $100), unused portions of which will be refunded with cash or original credit card.
On-Line Payment Schedule:
- October 6, 2017 – $350.00 (pay online here)
- December 11, 2017 – $300.00
- January 12, 2018 – Students $300.00, Chaperones $200.00
Tour Related Contact Info:
- Please contact Sallie Gasparini for payment questions
- Please contact Jackie Cheung for student paperwork/passport questions
- Questions regarding instrument handling should be addressed to James Williamson
- Please contact Lori Moon, our Trip Coordinator, for any other questions
Students attending trip must be in good academic standing, minimum 2.0 GPA and no F’s